It is not only the butt, leg muscles and hamstrings the Dumbbell Lunge places emphasis on. It will also help you to:
- recruit fast twitch muscle fibres
- train in a way that forces the muscles to react anabolically
- make your strength and power lifting program more efficient for the energy invested
Because the Dumbbell Lunge is a multi-joint exercise, there is certainly much more scope for errors because you are doing work across several joints and planes of movement. So check out your form properly. I’d in no way tell anyone to lay off the intensity in their endeavors to lift heavier weights. But, as any pro athlete will explain, if you wish to generate more muscle mass you need to control the the iron, not allow them to control you. It is these types of exercises which have the maximum anabolic effect.
The Dumbbell Lunge is an effective muscle development exercise that forms a component of Ultimate fighting championship fighters Jon Jones, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Frank Mir pre-contest programs as a way to boost stamina in the cage.
Triggering Multiple Muscle Groups Compared To Triggering A Response In Single Muscles
What exactly is a compound or multi-joint movement? In simple terms: Anytime the movement involves more than just one joint flexing, this is a compound movement. Examples include things like
- Dumbbell Bench Press : Where there is flexion at elbows and shoulders
- Wide Stance Deadlift : flexing at back and knees.
- Belt Squat : bending at back and knees.
Exercises for example the Dumbbell Lunge are not as easy to do compared to most since they demand more of the body’s energy supplies. This is a good factor any time you are attempting to develop more power, size and strength.. No matter what your training goals and objectives are, exercises like the Dumbbell Lunge should form the foundation of your weight training program since they:
- are the quickest route to pack on muscle mass.
- make pushing weights much more of a challenge.
- are the ultimate approach to reduce accumulated fat and enhance physical health not to mention increase power and strength.
The Dumbbell Lunge is perfect for the thighs and glutes and [SECXXX]. It is a great lower body exercise and uses quite a few muscles during the movement, which makes it a very efficient exercise if you are in a hurry and really need to end your fitness session quickly. Perform it in the right way, and your gains will impress your fellow gym junkies.