The Dumbbell Lunge will help you to:
- make improvements to overall physical fitness
- train in a way that has an almost steroid-like impact on the body
- make your muscle development and body fat reduction program more efficient for the energy put in
Since the Dumbbell Lunge is a multi-joint movement, there is always more chance for slipups since you are working over a number of joints and planes of movement. Therefore check out your form carefully. I’d never ever tell anyone to not push themselves hard in their endeavors to develop more power, size and strength. But, every pro bodybuilder will tell you, in order to generate more muscle mass you should control the barbells, not allow them to control you. It is these types of exercises that stimulate the maximum anabolic effect.
This is a superb free weight exercise which activates the quads and butt muscles. It can easily be used as a good warm up for some of the other lower body exercises or as a stand-alone exercise to boost thigh muscles strength and endurance. It has numerous variations and can be made quite a bit easier or more challenging with a few minor variations.
Eddie Wineland, Clay Guida and Julianna Pena work with the Dumbbell Lunge through their workout routines to further improve over-all performance as well as staying power, to build up their quadriceps, butt muscles and hamstrings and plan for future UFC competitions.
Selecting Workout Plans For The Maximum Muscle Building And Fat Burning
Movements that could be classified as compound entail a number of muscles and joints. The contrary could be something such as the Seated Close-Grip Concentration Barbell Curl where you’re basically flexing at a single joint, the elbow, and focusing predominantly on a single muscle complex, the bicep brachii. These types of movements are particularly strenuous and are subsequently great at generating an increased anabolic hormonal release in excess of that which could be anticipated via an isolation exercise, such as the Lying Supine Dumbbell Curl . No matter what your training goals are, movements like the Dumbbell Lunge need to make up the basis of your diet and fitness program simply because they:
- are the fastest route to increase muscle size and definition.
- make training the body with dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells and resistance machines more of a challenge.
- are the ultimate strategy to decrease extra fat and enhance health and fitness as well as develop muscular strength.