Really want optimal effects from your workouts? Incorporate the Dumbbell Lunge in your strength workouts and you can:
- recruit fast twitch muscle fibres
- lift heavier weights
- increase fat oxidation
The Dumbbell Lunge, like most compound exercises, permits you to lift lots of weight when compared to isolation exercises. So always make sure that:
- You keep proper form
- Do not attempt excessive weight so as to impress other people in the health club
- Continue to keep a mental concentration on your thigh muscles, glutes and hamstrings throughout the exercise
- End the training routine in the event that you become too fatigued to hold good form
For these lifts, good form is as important as brute power.It is is really important to incorporate these type of movements in your muscle and fitness program as they produce an anabolic influence on your whole physique, not only the thighs.
The Dumbbell Lunge is an incredible muscle development activity that comprises part of Ultimate fighting championship fighters Dominick Cruz, Iuri Alcantara and Lyoto Machida exercise strategies to successfully bolster bjj strength.
Making Your Physique Work Hard
What is a compound movement? Put simply: The moment the movement demands more than a single joint flexing, it is a compound exercise. Examples include
- High Incline Smith Machine Press : where your joints move at elbows and shoulders (and wrists to some extent)
- Reverse Hyper : flexion in the knees and lower back.
- Jump Squat : flexion in the knees and lower back.
Movements such as the Dumbbell Lunge are more challenging to perform than many because they require more of the body’s energy supplies. This is a good thing if you happen to be trying to set new strength records. It is important to make compound movements, such as the Dumbbell Lunge the foundation of your lower body power training program as they are the most effective solution to improve body structure as well as maximize power and strength.
The Dumbbell Lunge is an excellent free weight exercise, but undoubtedly one of the most difficult if conducted with proper form. It is an adaptable exercise which can be made easier for novices or more demanding for experts.