For best results when lifting some kind of weight, whether it be barbells, dumbbells, exercise machines, or your own personal body weight, Compound exercises (such as the Dumbbell Lunge) will need to make up the foundation of any kind of productive strength training program because they will allow you to:
- increase your capability to work your body across a variety of angles of movement
- become more muscular
- enhance peak oxygen uptake
- make your muscle training program more efficient for the effort spent
Given that the Dumbbell Lunge is a complex multi-joint exercise, there is certainly more scope for errors as you are doing work over numerous joints and planes of motion. Therefore watch your form carefully. I would certainly not tell anyone to not push themselves hard in their quest to develop more power, size and strength. However, every pro coach will confirm, if you wish to develop muscle size and definition you need to control the barbells, not allow them to control you. It is these kind of exercises which have the greatest anabolic effect.
Do you require solid glutes and thighs comparable to Alexander Gustafsson, Tarec Saffiedine and Phil Davis? Use the Dumbbell Lunge and you may!
The Dumbbell Lunge is an effective exercise if you want to work on the deeper fibres of the butt muscles, quadriceps and hamstrings. It can be made more stressful or a lot easier to offer the most suitable stimulation for many strength levels.
Muscle Building Stimulation Via Basic Multi-joint Movements
Precisely what is a compound movement? In basic terms: The moment the movement calls for more than one joint flexing, it is a compound exercise. Good examples include
- Incline Bench Press : bending at elbows and shoulders
- Atlas Stones Lift : joint flexion in the upper as well as lower back, hips and shins.
- Split Squat : flexion in the knees and lower back.
Most of these exercises are quite extreme and are consequently great at bringing about an increased muscle building hormone release higher than that which could be anticipated by an isolation exercise, such as the Reverse Plate Curl . Training using compound movements:
- Stimulates a lot more male growth hormone production.
- Encourages HGH (human growth hormone) to be released
- helps you to enhance your looks as well as boost power and strength.
- Assists you to breakdown muscle tissue