Why should you use the Dumbbell Lunge? Because it uses a lot of different muscle groups at the same time, you can:
- circuit train all of the body
- train in a way that has an almost steroid-like impact on the body
- train numerous muscle groups all in one go
- make your power training program more efficient for the hours invested
Since the Dumbbell Lunge is a multi-joint movement, there is always much more scope for slipups because you are operating around multiple joints and planes of motion. So pay attention to your form carefully. For these kind of movements, technique is just as important as raw strength.It is these kinds of lifts which elicit the highest anabolic effect.
Demetrious Johnson, Tatsuya Kawajiri and CB Dollaway make use of the Dumbbell Lunge throughout their workout plans to further improve power and staying power and resistance, to strengthen their hips and quads and get prepared for forthcoming UFC fights.
Triggering Multiple Muscle Groups Vs . Triggering A Response In Individual Muscles
What is a compound exercise? Put simply: Anytime the movement entails more than just one joint flexing, this is a compound exercise. Examples include things like
- Incline Barbell Press : flexing at elbows and delts
- Keg Toss (Strongman event) : flexion in the knees and lower back.
- Powerlifting Squat : joint flexion in the upper and lower spine, knees and shins.
Exercises such as the Dumbbell Lunge are tougher to execute compared to most as they require more of the body’s energy supplies. This is a good factor if you happen to be attempting to develop more power, size and strength.. No matter what your training goals and objectives are, exercises like the Dumbbell Lunge should form the base of your body composition improvement program since they:
- are the fastest route to develop muscle size and definition.
- make working out with dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells and resistance machines more of a challenge.
- are the ultimate way to decrease excess fat and make improvements to health not to mention make your body stronger and fitter.
This can be a very good movement for the buttocks and hamstrings and lower body, as it has many adaptations. A number of muscle groups are utilized, helping to increase the metabolic rate. An excess of training for the thigh muscles could easily create muscle imbalances, but this particular exercise enables you to produce a well rounded shape and balance out the lower body training.